Kent Search And Rescue has received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
We are so proud to announce this.
It is humbling to be honoured this way. We have over 130 members, all of whom give up their time to help those in need and this award is for each and every one of them – not to mention their families and those supporters who help us behind the scenes. These people are truly amazing. They do everything they do to help others.
We’ve been serving the communities in Kent for over 15 years and have saved numerous lives as well as helping those purely and simply lost and in a small number of instances bringing closure to families when, despite all efforts, a life could not be saved.
- So thank you to those who nominated us.
- Thank you to the judges for selecting us from such amazing charities and volunteer groups also nominated.
- Thank you to the families of our members for putting up with call outs at 2am and seemingly endless training.
- Thank you to everyone who has ever put a coin in our collection tins.
- Thank you to those who follow us on social media and spread the word of the work we do and share our appeals.
- Thank you to our partners including Kent Police, NSARDA Kent and South East 4×4 Response who we work with in all conditions, 24/7 to help those who need us.
But above all else, thank you to our members – the search teams of KSAR both past and present; the Flood Rescue Responders, the Medics, the Search Dogs (and their handlers), the Bike Team, the Boat Team, the Search Managers, Search Planners, Control Operations, the Incident Control Vehicle Drivers, the Training Instructors, the Administration team….this award is for each and every one of you. Your service has been recognised and you should all be very, very proud.